What is the Child Abuse Information and Referral Helpline?
- It is a 24-hour crises and information referral line manned entirely by volunteers. Crises and information calls are forwarded to the person on duty by an answering service. The on duty person will return the call with approximately 10 minutes or less.
ALL HELPLINE CALLS ARE STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL!
Who calls the information and referral helpline?
- Any parent, child or family member who is under stress or would just like someone to talk to.
- A parent, child or other family member in crises who needs immediate assistance.
- A friend or neighbor reporting suspected child abuse
- Anyone who wants more information regarding child abuse.